Welcome to my new blog!
I’m Kristin–wife, baker, fitness-wannabe, crafting addict, and lover of the little things. I hope you will come along with me on this journey as I experience the joys and trials of marriage, the successes and flops of making new recipes, the sweaty/”I feel like I’m about to pass out” moments as I try different exercise programs, some craftiness as I run my own etsy shop, and just the daily in and outs of life.
The Naming of the Blog:
So how did I name my blog? Well, I was inspired by the popular indie film, Little Miss Sunshine. It follows a dysfunctional, quirky family that ultimately is built on the foundation of love. That’s how I tend to view my own life: I’m definitely not perfect and dysfunction decides to pop in every once in a while, I have my own little quirks, but at the end of the day I believe that love is the driving force in everything. Cue one of my favorite bible verses- “And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13). I also thought the blog name was fitting because I recently went from Miss to Mrs and I live in the Sunshine State.
Get To Know Me a Little:
- I’m a newlywed! Wait, how long do I actually qualify as a newlywed? 2 months after the wedding? A year? No one really gives you specific rules about that. Anyways, I got married last November to my very best friend (Peyton) and he’s a pretty great husband. He’s my teammate and my daily supporter and I don’t know what I would do without him.
- I spent basically forever in school getting too many degrees and I currently work in the health field. More on that later. In another world, I would have opened my own bakery– but who knows, a side-hustle is always possible!
- My husband and I met at school in Mississippi and always dreamed of moving to central Florida. And hey guess what? We made that dream a reality! We absolutely love where we live because there’s so much to do and of course the weather is nothing short of wonderful.
- In no particular order, some of my favorite things include dark chocolate, mac ‘n cheese, acoustic music, peonies/gerber daisies, watching sports live, taking naps, exploring new places/going on adventures and visiting Disney World (duh).
- I can’t wait to be a mama someday! This includes being the mom of a fur child and a real human nugget. Hopefully, God will bless me and Peyton with the opportunity to become parents so we can grow a sweet little family of our own.
I plan to write as often as my schedule allows (shooting for daily!). So, make sure you come along with me for the adventures ahead!
Until next time, keep on the sunny side.