Hi everyone! Hope you had lovely weekends! This Sunday is not quite as fun as last Sunday because we don’t get tomorrow off too 🙁
Can we all agree that we should just always have 4 days on- 3 days off? What a difference that would make! Anyways, today for Sunday Funday #3 we will be looking at a super easy and delicious homemade peanut butter frosting recipe. I had to make a batch of cupcakes for something fun this morning (more on that coming later!), so I decided to make icing to frost the leftovers I had in the batch.
I obviously chose a peanut butter recipe because duh, it’s peanut butter. Then I dressed up my cupcakes with some mini chocolate chips and a mini Reese’s cup–yum! Peyton can confirm that I never can just settle for making a plain cupcake.
Back to the frosting. There’s literally only a few ingredients, but it tastes like something out of a bakery and this frosting would compliment cupcakes, cakes, or even brownies! And if you made a little batch to simply eat from the bowl, I wouldn’t be the one to judge.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup smooth Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Cream butter and Peanut Butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, alternating with a little milk at a time.
- Beat well, until desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes, cakes, brownies, cookies and more
Whip up a batch to try for yourself!
Until next time, keep on the sunny side.
Recipe shared from Hoosier Homemade