It’s that dreaded time again….Sunday night. With Monday morning looming, I wanted something yummy that wouldn’t take too much effort. My slow cooker is one of my favorite things because it makes my life a whole lot easier and allows me to be lazy sometimes. I love the idea of throwing ingredients in there and being able to walk away for several hours.
Cue the slow cooker garlic parmesan risotto. I mean doesn’t the name already sound good?! I realize I’m going to have to run off the extra carbs tomorrow, but… YOLO.
This recipe turned out warm, cheesy, and delicious. I paired it with some sliced steak strips and it was to die for. Not to mention, super easy.
- 1-1/4 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine (I didn’t have any on hand and it tasted great without it still!)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Combine Arborio & seasonings in your slow cooker
- Add in olive oil, wine & broth – stir
- Cover & cook on high 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until most of the moisture is absorbed (mine took a little over 2 hrs!)
- Add in cheese & stir
- Sprinkle with some chives when serving if desired
Have a great week everyone!
Until next time, keep on the sunny side.
Recipe shared from Kleinworth & Co.