How is it already the end of June?! I for one am glad though because I am counting down the days until the end of August/beginning of September (67 days…). We just booked a really fun little weekend getaway and I CAN’T WAIT! Hint: we are going back to a place that forever holds a special place in my heart.
Anyways, today I thought I would share one of my favorite meals with y’all: Caesar salad. I don’t think store bought dressing does it justice, so I almost always make my salad from scratch. I also don’t like using a bagged salad mix either because I don’t think it tastes as fresh, so I buy a head of lettuce and cut it myself.
Ingredients (serves two):
- 12 oz. chicken breast
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 small loaf of ciabatta bread (I used 2 ciabatta rolls!)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- 4 oz. grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Wash and dry all produce for later
- Cut ciabatta into 1-inch cubes, toss with olive oil, salt/pepper, and bake (at 400 F) for about 6 minutes until crisp/golden for croutons
- Heat drizzle of olive oil in a medium-high heat pan. Add chicken breast (seasoned with rosemary, salt, and pepper) to the pan and sear until browned about 2-3 minutes on each side
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and roast in oven (at 400 F) until no longer pink in center, 5-8 minutes
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, garlic (to taste), half the parmesan, 1 tbsp mayo, and 1 tsp mustard. Add a squeeze of lemon and a large drizzle of olive oil and combine. Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon (to taste)
- Add lettuce, tomato, and half the dressing to bowl with croutons. Slice roasted chicken and top salads with the chicken and remaining dressing/parmesan cheese!
Until next time, keep on the sunny side.