For those of you who aren’t quite as Disney-obsessed as I am, let me share with you some of BIG things that were just announced for the future of Walt Disney World!
Every 2 years, the company holds the ultimate Disney fan expo in Anaheim, CA to fully immerse people in the VIP Disney experience. Though it is on my bucket list to attend one year, for now, I’ve been settling by watching live streams from home. One of the most awaited events of the expo is always the Parks and Resorts panel because the company unleashes some upcoming surprises for the multiple Disney properties.
Today, Disney brought to light some major plans to make over places like Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and many other spots around the Orlando property. Keep reading for a list of these new things–some of these I love and others I am not too pumped for, but I’ll let you make your own opinions without my bias 😉
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railroad– coming to Hollywood Studios and replacing The Great Movie Ride, which will close on August 13th.
- A Guardians of the Galaxy attraction will be added to Future World in Epcot– will replace Ellen’s Universe of Energy, which will also close on August 13th.
- A Ratatouille-inspired attraction will be added to the France Pavillion in Epcot– slated to arrive by the 50th anniversary in 2021
- A Tron attraction will be placed in Magic Kingdom adjacent to Space Mountain– also slated to arrive by the 50th anniversary in 2021
- A new Mission: SPACE inspired table-service restaurant will go in adjacent to the ride in Epcot
- An interactive Star Wars resort will be added somewhere on property
- A new transportation system called Disney Skyliner (gondolas!) will be added–will offer a birdseye view and connect Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts and other locations with Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot
- Magic Kingdom will be home to a new theater on Main Street USA inspired by Kansas City’s Willis Theatre, just as it looked when Walt Disney lived there– no word on what show it will house
- Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios will officially open in Summer 2018!
- A new Disney Vacation Club hotel called Disney Riviera Resort will be added to property
- Disney ‘Minnie Vans’ will be a new transportation option for guests–themed after Minnie Mouse herself
And that’s just the new things coming to Walt Disney World! New attractions are also popping up at Disney’s other properties and for the Disney Cruise Line!
Exciting things are on the horizon.
Until next time, keep on the sunny side.