Okay, so we all know two of my favorite things in the whole world are Disney and sweets. So, this week’s Sunday recipe is especially fitting! Peyton and I love the baked goods at the Disney Parks and Resorts, so when I found this recipe on the Disney Parks Blog, I just had to try it!
I’ve made a LOT of cookie recipes in my life and this by far is my favorite one. I made my cookies large and they turned out golden on the outside, gooey on the inside, thick, and packed with yum! I’m glad I found this recipe before the holiday season comes around because I’ll definitely be making these for my Christmas cookie platters.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen medium, or 18 large cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks butter), softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 330°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar in a separate bowl and cream with electric mixer until fluffy.
- With mixer running, add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. Mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture, scraping sides of bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon dough for medium cookies and 2 tablespoons for large onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden, 10 to 12 minutes for medium cookies, 12 to 14 minutes for large.
Shared from the Disney Parks Blog
Have a great week everyone!
Until next time, keep on the sunny side.